Take a trip to the outter cliff side of the Whale Island. Facing westwards towards the Arctic ocean and an hour drive from Tromso. A hike in Norway’s wild backyard.
Norway is known for its natural beauty, but casual hikers may be put off exploring by the dramatic landscape. Take a break from the city on a hiking tour of Kvaløya, or Whale Island, suited to casual hikers and nature lovers alike. Follow a scenic path to the summit of Brosmetinden, stopping regularly to rest and admire the Arctic views, and keep energized with snacks and hot drinks included in the price.
When coming to Tromso, a guided hike is a cheap and effective way to see the area. The Whale Island is known for its dramatic nature. Locals know how to use every moment of the snow-free season to explore. Many days, children’s families make the trip.This hike will take you to the peak “Brosmetinden.” Walk a simple path along the cliff overlooking the Arctic Ocean. Included is photographs, information and guided hike. Along the route are several rest stops. Heather, mushrooms and other plants are visible. Sometimes it`s possible to pick cloudberries. At the top is a book, where hikers write down their name and country of origin.
- Forget the hassle of finding the start point with round-trip transfer from Tromsø
- Benefit from the insights and supervision of your guide
- Enjoy an intimate experience with nature as you explore cliff paths by foot
- Rest stops and snack breaks ensure a relaxed hike, ideal for casual walkers
- Snacks and hot drinks
- Photo portraits
What to Bring
Please be sure to bring clothing for the conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please inform us of special needs if you have any
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
NB! All attendees must be 16+